Connecting to your Slack workspace lets you receive direct alerts on your most critical tables.
Connect to Slack
To connect to Slack, please follow these steps:
- Go to Settings and go to the submenu "Alerts Destinations"
- Enable the Slack extension
- Press the "Connect Sifflet" button
- Approve the link to the Slack workspace:
Public and private channels
Sifflet directs alerts to both public/private channels.
You can find more information on how to notify a private channel here.
Once connected, the button "Connect" will disappear:
You will then be able to choose which channel to alert for your monitors!
The available channels can be seen when creating a monitor, in the "Channels" area: "Monitoring" --> "New Monitor"
If you want to update the list of available channels, for instance to include newly created channels, you can press the "Refresh" button. It will:
- Add the newly created channels
- Remove the archived/deleted channels
If you want to disconnect your current Slack workspace, for instance to add another workspace, you can press the "Disconnect" button. It will:
- Remove all channels attached to existing monitors
- Disable the Slack option
You can send notifications directly to private channels as well. In order to do so, you will have to add manually Sifflet App to your channel by doing the following:
- Navigate to your private channel -> tab Integrations
- Click on "Add an App" and choose
- On Sifflet, after refreshing the Slack connection (see here for more details), you will see the newly added channel.
Updated about 1 month ago