This article shows how to configure Google SSO as the identity provider for single sign-on (SSO) on Sifflet.
In order to set up the SSO in Google, please follow the following steps:
- Configure your Identity Provider (IdP)
- Configure the SSO in Sifflet
- Test your SSO
In order to enable the SSO in Sifflet, you will need:
- a Sifflet admin account
- a Google admin account with the same email address as the one used in Sifflet
The configuration of your IdP is done with the following steps:
a. Log in to Sifflet and retrieve some SSO details
b. Add the Sifflet App in Google
- Connect to Sifflet with an Admin Account
- In Settings -> submenu SSO -> turn on SSO
- Choose your Platform (Google here)
- Save the information under "Sifflet Configuration", you will need it in the next section.
- Log in to Google Admin
- In Apps -> Web and mobile apps, create a new App
- On the next screen, you can add the App name, for instance "Sifflet"
- On the "Service Provider details" screen, you will need to report the information saved from the last section:
ACS URL: corresponds to the link in
Single Sign on URLon Sifflet
Entity ID: corresponds to the link in
Audience Restrictionon Sifflet
- On the next screen, no mapping is needed for now.
You should now see your Sifflet App in the Web and mobile screen
- In Google Admin, in the newly created Sifflet App, click on "Download Metadata"
- You will then need to report the following information in Sifflet SSO's page:
- Test your SSO
- You can now test your SSO by pressing the "Test" button on the bottom right of the page
- If successful, don't forget to press on "Save" to effectively activate the SSO.
The configuration is done !
On your next login, you will see the following login screen:
Updated 3 months ago