Only users with the Admin role can manage users.
The user management page can be accessed by clicking
Settings on the bottom-left corner of the screen.
To create a new user, click
New on the top-right corner then fill the four requested boxes:
- Login: Should be an email address
- Name: Should be the name of the user
- Password: Is a single use password, the user will be requested to change it on his first connection
- Domains: Read more about domains. Users can be assigned to multiple domains. By default, the domain "All" is created granting access to all data assets.
- Role: Read more about roles
For every already existing user, you have the possibility to:
- Delete the user
- Reset the password
- Disable permanently the user
To reset a user's password:
- Locate the row corresponding to the user that has to get their password reset
- Hover the user's row and click the 3 vertical dots button at the far end of the user's row
- Click the
- Click the
Generate passwordbutton. This will set the user's password to a temporary password.
- Copy the generated password and share it with the user so they can log in to Sifflet using it.
- The user will be asked to modify this password after they log in.
Updated 3 months ago